Heads turn when they see the phrase “Contact: Mary-Ann Twist” on a press release, because the minds in the brains in many of those heads know there’s a good chance the press release heralds a new discovery reported in the pages of The Journal of Consumer Research. Mary-Ann Twist is managing editor of same.
Here are a few of the many headlines from Twist missives:
- Grieving for Tony Soprano: How the Public Responds to the Death of a Brand
- Wordplay Persuades for Customer Reviews of Truffles, but Not Laundry Detergent
- Why we like the Old Spice guy: Consumer identity and product preferences
- Are consumers aware that they are drawn to the center when choosing products?
- No Regrets: Avoid Bad Feelings about Missing a Great Sale
BONUS (historical): “Everything You’ve Always Wanted to Know about JCR but Were Afraid to Ask the Editor“