Table of Contents for Volume 10, Issue 3
Loss of Innocence issue
On the front cover: A scanning electron microscope picture of a bryozoan (coral-like) colony. It was taken by Dr. Simon R. Hall of the School Of Chemistry, University of Bristol, U.K. Additional pictures appear on page 21.
(To see the front cover enlarged, click on the image.)
On the back cover: These are scanning electron microscope pictures of a bryozoan (coral-like) colony. They were taken by Dr. Simon R. Hall of the School Of Chemistry, University of Bristol, U.K. Additional pictures appear on page 21.
(To see the back cover enlarged, click on the image.)
Cover design by Peaco Todd.
The features marked with a star (*) are based entirely on material taken straight from standard research (and other Official and Therefore Always Correct) literature. Many of the other articles are genuine, too, but we don't know which ones.
Special Section: Loss of Innocence
- IFC -- Dog Gone: Owney* -- A.S. Kaswell
- 8 -- Hiawatha’s Valence Bonding -- R.B. Laughlin
- FC, 21, and BC -- Byrozoan Images* -- Simon Hall
- 22 -- Integrated Pest Management of Manifestations as Infestations -- Sally Y. Shelton, John E. Simmons and Tom
J. K. Strang
- 7 -- Soft is Hard* -- Alice Shirrell Kaswell, G. Neil Martin, and Bissell Mango
- 27 -- AIRhead Research Review* -- Dirk Manley
- 28 -- Boys Will Be Boys* -- Katherine Lee
- 29 -- AIRhead Medical Review* -- Bertha Vanatian
- 30 -- May We Recommend* -- Stephen Drew
News & Notes
- 2 -- AIR Vents (letters from our readers)
- 4 -- The Ig Nobel Tour of the UK and Ireland 2004
- 5 -- Ig Nobel Invitation
- 7 -- HMO-NO News: Confidentiality!
- 11 -- AIR Books
- 17 -- Teachers Guide
- 26 -- Socially Scientific -- Robin Abrahams
- 26 -- Aaaarrrggghhhh -- Nick Kim
- 30 -- Solution to Last Issue’s Puzzler
- 30 -- Bends on the Learning Curve -- Richard Lederer
- 31 -- Back Issues
- IBC -- Unclassified Ads