Download a free, cheesy low-res PDF of this issue
Table of Contents for
Vol. 13, No. 3, May/June 2007
The features marked with a star (*) are based entirely on material taken straight from standard research (and other Official and Therefore Always Correct) literature. Many of the other articles are genuine, too, but we don't know which ones.
Special Section: Lester vs. Voracek*
On the front cover: Rival suicidologists Martin Voracek and David Lester. They and their rivalry are the subjects of the special section “Lester vs. Voracek” in this issue of the journal. Painting by Nan Swift, Improbable Research staff.
(To see the front cover enlarged, click on the image.)
On the back cover: An archaeological treasure of unknown origin. Photo by Stephen Drew, Improbable Research staff.
(To see the back cover enlarged, click on the image.)
Cover design by Peaco Todd.
- 6 -- A Rivalry is Joined: Lester vs. Voracek* -- Alice Shirrell Kaswell
- 10 -- Lester’s Latest: 2005 & 2006* -- Alice Shirrell Kaswell
- 15 -- Voracek’s Variety* -- Alice Shirrell Kaswell
- 19 -- The Economic Art of Suicide* -- Alice Shirrell Kaswell
- 20 -- Tips from a Master* -- Alice Shirrell Kaswell
Improbable Research Reviews*
- IFC -- Against Ipecac* --Alice Shirell Kaswell
- 4 -- Improbable Research Review* -- Dirk Manley
- 5 -- Improbable Medical Review* -- Bertha Vanatian
- 24 -- Plucked from Obscurity: Restroom Reservations* -- Marina Tsipis
- 26 -- Soft Is Hard* -- Alice Shirrell Kaswell and Bissell Mango
- 28 -- Boys Will Be Boys* -- Katherine Lee
News & Notes
- 2 -- AIR Vents (letters from our readers)
- 13 -- AIR Books
- 21 -- POEM: “The Fruit Fly (Genotype: nevermore)” -- Jennifer Sosnowski
- 25 -- Ig Nobel Invitation
- 26 -- Teachers Guide
- 27 -- HMO-NO News: Personal Record-Keeper!!
- 30 -- Bends on the Learning Curve -- Richard Lederer
- 31 -- CARTOON: "“The Older Generation” -- Nick Kim
- 31 -- Back Issues
- IBC -- Unclassified Ads
- (see www.improbable.com for details of coming events)