Annals of Improbable Research (AIR)
Table of Contents for Volume 2, Issue 4, Jul/Aug 1996
Warning! May Contain Typos issue
On the cover: This "micro-space shuttle" on the front cover is actually a photomicrograph (magnification approx.240,000) of a single layer of silver on a gold surface. THe fingerlike growth of the silver was diffusion-driven. Each shade represents a different atomic level. Photo: Michael Ross, Almaden Research Center, IBM Research Division, San Jose CA.
The features marked with a star (*) are based entirely on material taken straight from standard research (and other Official and Therefore Always Correct) literature. Many of the other articles are genuine, too, but we don't know which ones.
AIRhead Research Roundup
- AIRhead Research Review*
- AIRhead Medical Review*
- AIRhead Legal Review*
- End Results
- May We Recommend*
- Project AIRhead 2000*
- Heather Locklear Discovers*
- Boys Will Be Boys*
- Far Flung Findings
- Solution to Last Issue's Puzzler
- Improbable Statistics
- Ask Symmetra
- Bends on the Learning Curve
- Spot the Typos Contest
- Scientific Dining: The CERN Cafeteria, Geneva Switzerland
- Call for Nomination for the 1996 Ig Nobel Prizes
- Teachers Guide
- AIR Vents Exhalations from our Readers.
- Was Darwin Nearly Right?
- Heat vs. Humidity: an Empirical Investigation
- The Texas Chromosome
- Evolutionary perspectives on the origins of the common mongrel (Canis Vulgaris)
- Gummy Worm on the Sidewalk
- Cats and Weather Prediction
- The Hirschhorn Collection
- Mathematics--An Anagrammatic Tale
- Shakespeare, the Clost Entomologist