We are fortunate* to live in the Era of Billionaire-Scientifical-Superheroes. Here are recent press reports about a five of them.
- “Cure Baldness? Heal Arthritis? Erase Wrinkles? An Unknown Billionaire’s Quest To Reverse Aging [reported in Forbes magazine. the photo here is from that report]
- “$250 million, 300 scientists and 40 labs: Sean Parker’s revolutionary project to ‘solve’ cancer” [reported in the Washington Post]
- “Stephen Hawking and a Russian Billionaire Want to Build an Interstellar Starship” [reported in Gizmoto]
- “This Woman’s Revolutionary Idea Made Her A Billionaire — And Could Change Medicine” [reported in Business Insider]
- “Can Billionaire Robert Bigelow Create a Life for Humans in Space?” [reported in Popular Science]
As in many walks of life, there is a dramatic gender imbalance in this emerging field. The Billionaire Scientifical-Superheroes gender imbalance may be growing worse (see “Regulators Propose Banning Theranos Founder Elizabeth Holmes for at Least Two Years“, reported in the Wall Street Journal).
(*Some analysts argue that we are fortunate to live at all.)