Please join our Upcoming-Events email list!
|May 26, 2016, Thursday.
||IBM Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, New York, USA.
|July 5, 2016, Tuesday, noon [US east coast time]
||TICKETS GO ON SALE for the 2016 Ig Nobel Prize Ceremony. Tickets will be available exclusively from the Harvard Box Office.
|July, day TBA.
||Reykjavik, Iceland. Details TBA.
|July 23, 2016, Saturday, 2:15 pm.
||Blue Dot Festival, Jodrell Bank, UK. Details TBA.
|July 25, 2016, Monday, 2:15 pm.
||ESOF, Manchester, UK. Roundtable discussion with:
- Marc Abrahams, Editor and organizer, Annals of Improbable Research & lg Nobel Prize Ceremony
- Sylvie Coyaud, Journalist, Blogger, la Republicca
- Reto Schneider, Deputy Editor, NZZ Folio
- Andre Geim, Professor, Professor, University of Manchester, and Ig Nobel Prize winner
- Elizabeth Oberzaucher, Professor, University of Vienna, and Ig Nobel Prize winner
TOPIC: Can a piece of scientific research be both important and humorous? Our inspiration comes from the popularity and media coverage of the Ig Nobel Prize ceremony, the mantra of which is “First they make you laugh, then they make you think.”
|September 22, 2016, Thurs.
||26th First Annual Ig Nobel Prize ceremony, Sanders Theatre, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. Tickets will go on sale in July, exclusively from the Harvard Box Office. Details TBA.
|September 24, 2016, Saturday.
||Ig Informal Lectures, MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. Details TBA.
And a list of some PAST EVENTS. Would you like to host an event?